May 9, 2011

Taking Care of Business/Yosemite

It seems like all I've been posting lately are landscape photos, but that's pretty much all I've been shooting, so what you see is what you get. :) No seriously though... I've been taking care of business. Literally. It hasn't been the most fun thing in the world to do but I know I'll be extremely happy once it's all finished and I can (sort of) go on cruise control for a while.

In other news - 2 weeks ago we went to Yosemite. I took this picture on the way up to the Upper Falls. It's a cool picture, and you must be thinking, "Wow, she must have had an awesome view from up there". Well... I would have, except for the fact that I just constantly stared at my feet the entire way up. I'm not an expert hiker (what am I saying? I'm not even a moderate hiker right now...) but I saw a man not only running down the mountain, but running down the mountain with NO SHOES ON. Why in the world? Why? That's all I wanted to know... Anyway, I claimed to have died about 10 times on the way up from shortness of breath and leg numbness, but overall it was pretty. (not pretty fun... just pretty.) I also learned on this hike that my cousin who was with us (but we didn't actually see until we reached the top) is really a mountain goat.

I have more pictures, and I'll probably be sharing them later but for now I must get back to work. Happy Monday!

3 comments:

Miss Lana said...

I am sure I would have LOVED that hike.

Anonymous said...

That is a difficult hike! It is a nice view from the top though. Good job!
-Ashley Cox

Jena said...

I was just thinking about how outdoorsie you were when we went on that 45 minute speed canoe ride and almost decapitated someone. haha good times : )Pretty picture!
-Jena