October 5, 2011

The Owen Family

I love shooting family pictures... especially families with young beautiful children. I'm pretty sure I brag about every child I do a session with, but in all honesty, I really just think all children are beautiful. The Owen kids were no different in my book. They were the real deal. The youngest girl (who had never met me a day in her life before the session) would run up next to me every time we moved to a different spot just so she could grab the end of the rope swing I was carrying so it wouldn't drag the ground. Melted me every time. These guys made my job a piece of cake, and made me love it that much more.

We kicked off the session with the cloud balloon. If you visited us at the Loomis Eggplant Festival (that's right Texans... I said Eggplant. These guys have festivals for every fruit and vegetable you can imagine.), you may have seen this in person... if not, it's 100% real. The base of it is actually a tree planter I got from a local nursery (which we unknowingly ended up getting a booth next to), the buttons were a gift from my sister-in-law, the poles are from Home Depot, the sandbags are made of paper and a couple layers of burlap, the cloud is made of 4 bags of cotton we picked up at an estate sale, and the idea... well, it just popped in my head one day.

Anytime you contact me to schedule a session, I will always ask about your ideas and interests so I can get an idea of what you're looking for in the shoot. For this one, the mom wanted something special for the babies 1-year pictures and then didn't want a specific theme for the rest of the pictures. I loved the outcome. Here are a few favorites:

And we'll end with one of my top favorites that I like to call... Squishy Face.

No comments: